While M was relaxing in sunny Isle of Palms, the boys had a total ManTime weekend. No smelly girls or anything. It was totally awesome. And yes, there was food involved.
(Not pictured: how, when working to get the very-hot pizza out of Sam’s eager reach, I let the whole pie start to slide off the tray. With half a pizza dangling from a fresh-from-the-oven pan, which was in my bare hands, I was able to scramble and salvage most of the toppings. Catastrophe averted.)
Then the couches were delivered. Pictures to follow.
Then we went to the park, meeting up on the way with our new friends the Perris from church. I didn’t get to take pictures. But Sam tore up the playground, recovered very quickly from a fall off a swing, played some more, and was rushed home with me practically shouting at him to keep him awake for lunch.
No pics from Sunday, but here are the highlights:
- Left the house 2 minutes ahead of schedule for church.
- Went totally bink-less in the nursery, and didn’t cry either time I dropped him off.
- More pizza at Brixx with our buddy Mr. Peter and a new friend Tim we met at church.
- Awesome time at the Sprayground with Maggie.
- Mom finally came home! We were totally stoked. I slept in Monday.
We don’t want Mom running off all the time, but ManTime rocks.