Sam is at the little-boy stage where he runs everywhere he goes. The other day we were both running out in the yard and I noticed he was very carefully studying my arms, then imitating what I was doing. So now he has this funny run, which you can see especially in a couple of points below.
Related: it’s easy to entertain him. “Sam, you wanna go outside and run?”
(Yes, I know Nash Vegas normally refers to Nashville. You try and come up with a clever title for every single post.)
A couple of weekends ago M’s family came up for a visit. It was a great spring weekend and we had a blast!
Ooh-La-La (yes, that’s what Sam calls Cindi) had heard about an unfortunate mishap with Sam’s first “makaba,” so she and Grampa had a special prize.
Thanks for coming sweet family!
Sam helps Melissa read/recite one of his favorite books.
(This video was brought to you by Wheat Thins and Pyrex.)
Thanks for all your congratulatory comments! We are super excited about Sam being a big brother. (Confused? See this post from last week.)
Answers to the standard questions, for those interested:
- The pre-name is Tyrone. (The real name will not be.)
- Tyrone’s due date is September 18, which is Grandma Cindi’s birthday! So M is almost 14 weeks along.
- Sam knows that there’s a baby in Mommy’s tummy, and that he’s going to be a big brother “in the fall.” He seems to be remembering it more often the last 2 weeks. And that he can’t jump on Mommy’s tummy like he can on Daddy’s.
- We don’t think we’re going to find out if Tyrone’s a boy or girl. Seems like a fun surprise.
- We hope Tyrone will be born in Prague! (It’s been done— twice— by our team members, with a third coming soon.) So join us in praying that God provides for us to be there this summer.
We look forward to more curly-headed round-bellied goodness to share with the rest of the world!
Ms. Christy likes Sam videos. Saturday night we went to a party at her house, and Sam put in a brief appearance before heading to the Pack & Play. He was pretty excited.